The airline is investigating after a plane took off in India, leaving a bus full of more than 50 passengers stranded on the runway.
Angry travelers affected by the incident Monday morning local time called it “heights of neglect”.
The flight to Delhi, operated by “ultra-low-cost” airline Go First – formerly GoAir – took off from Bengaluru at 6:20 am.
Passenger Shreya Sinha said on Twitter how she boarded a flight-bound bus at around 5:35am and stayed in the vehicle “filled with over 50 passengers” for about an hour until flight G8 116 departed, leaving them behind.
Reports say passengers waiting on the bus checked in their luggage and held their boarding passes ready to board.
Ms Sinha described it as “a most horrific experience” and accused Go First of “heights of neglect”.
In response to her post, the airline tweeted: “We apologize for the inconvenience caused.”
Sumit Kumar was also among those who stayed. He told television station NDTV that the bus had been left near the gate while other buses were parked near the plane to offload passengers.
“There were more than 54 of us on the bus,” he said. “The boarding has not been completed.
“Ground personnel were checking to see if the plane had taken off. They said initially the flight would return. I missed meetings. This will be my last flight with Go First.”
A spokesperson for Go First – formerly GoAir – told the Standard that the personnel involved in the incident had been relieved of duty while the incident was investigated.
On Tuesday, they said: “We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to passengers due to an inadvertent oversight in the reconciliation of flight G8 116 from Bengaluru to Delhi.
“We deeply appreciate and appreciate your patience for putting up with us. In line with our customer-centric philosophy, the airline has decided to offer all affected passengers one free ticket for travel in any domestic sector over the next 12 months.
“The airline has launched an investigation into the incident and the matter is being investigated.
“All employees concerned have been removed from the list pending an investigation. The airline has sent a notice to the ground handling agency.”
They added that the passengers concerned were accommodated on other flights to Delhi and onward to other destinations operated by other airlines.
India’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) reportedly said on Tuesday it was investigating what happened.
A DCGA spokesperson, quoted by NDTV, said: “We have asked the airline for a report and appropriate action will be taken.”