Skriniar’s agent says there is “no way” for the PSG-bound defender to stay at Inter

According to the defender’s agent Roberto Sistici, Inter “have no option” to renew Milan Skriniar’s contract after it expires in June.

Skriniar was heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain last year but no move materialized and the centre-back began renegotiating a new deal with Inter.

However, his agent confirmed on Monday that Inter’s offer was ultimately rejected in December and has since made it clear to the club that they are in talks with other teams.

Skriniar, who was sent off in Monday’s 1-0 defeat at Empoli, is widely expected to eventually sign for PSG, although Sistici declined to name the clubs he is in talks with.

“The truth is that the decision to put Milan Skriniar on the transfer market in the summer was made by Inter, obviously not by the player,” Sistici told TeleNord.

“It was the club’s choice that led to negotiations between Inter and PSG, of which we were of course informed. At some point, the negotiations broke down, and we were also informed about this step, a decision that was not up to us, and which the player took calmly, with professionalism and absolute respect for the contract.

“Last autumn we responded to all the club’s requests for meetings. After a series of preliminary meetings, we presented our financial request, and then in early November 2022, the club presented us with a proposal.

“About a month later, before Christmas, I gave Inter the decision not to accept their offer, a choice repeated in early January, before the Supercoppa, when I also informed the managers [Giuseppe] Marotty and [Piero] Ausilio, we thought we were free to listen to offers from other clubs.

“Maybe it wasn’t mandatory communication, but for the player and me, it was the most appropriate course of action, knowing that seriousness and transparency are the best course of action for us. I repeat, we have never missed a game against Inter. “

He added: “We have not discussed PSG, just as we have not disclosed our position and that of Inter, given that Inter and I have agreed to deal with the matter with due confidentiality, in the interests of the peace and performance of the team and the player.

“There are contacts with some clubs. Not Italian [clubs]”.

Inter coach Simone Inzaghi responded after the shocking defeat by saying the club was “trying to resolve” the situation with Skriniar, without clarifying whether he meant selling the player or making a new contract offer.

At a similar time, PSG coach Christophe Galtier was also asked about Skriniar after the Parisians’ 7-0 Coupe de France victory over the Pays de Cassel.

He wasn’t too clear either, although he did admit that PSG were convinced last year they had done enough to sign him.

“I can’t say if he will come this winter [January]or this summer,” he told beIN SPORTS. “He’s a player we’ve been following for a long time.

“In fact, we thought we already had it last summer.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *